Written to be a precursor to Fur Elise

Written to be a precursor to Fur Elise

Postby admin » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:54 pm

For a long time I knew I wanted to write a song that had the same LH as the A Section of Fur Elise. When my students went from a simplified version of the song to the original version, it was the LH that gave them the most problems.

I have taught this both as a rote piece (smaller chunks) and a reading piece. My readers who already knew Fur Elise found it much easier to read once they found the pattern was the same as Fur Elise and once they discovered the pattern in the RH and its relation to the LH.

I haven't had any students start on Fur Elise after learning this yet so I don't know for sure if my guess that learning this first will help with Fur Elise. I should have some students learning Fur Elise soon and I will post the results once I have them.

I am thinking about teaching the original Fur Elise without teaching a simplified version first. Most of my students got confused switching over. I will try teaching the original version probably in the first 3 - 5 months. Again, it is a bit of an experiment, but I think it can be done.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Softly Goes the Water